You are here
Producing renewable fuels from organic waste materials
Why choose Anaerobic Digestion?
Anaerobic digestion (AD) is the natural breakdown of organic materials such as energy crops, animal by-products, food manufacturing by-products and food waste. It is turned into fuels including biogas (methane and carbon dioxide gas) and fertiliser, sometimes referred to as digestate.
AD provides the opportunity to use what would otherwise be a waste product to generate gas and electricity for onsite usage and grid export. This generates income and savings for the owner. The digestate can also be spread back on the land, creating a closed loop system and generating further cost saving.
AD projects vary in scale from small farm-scale projects to multi-MW commercial scale systems.
What typically influences the scale of the system?
- Types and quantity of feedstock available
- Long term security of feedstock supply
- Available space for construction of tanks and balance of plant
- Suitable 3-phase grid connection capacity
- A source for the use of heat generated from the engine
- Finance available
How can Locogen help?
Our experienced team takes projects from initial inception through to operation. We offer a comprehensive package of consultancy and implementation services relating to AD developments including:
- Project Identification and Feasibility Studies
- Process Design
- Technology Evaluation
- Resource and Energy Demand Assessment
- Equipment Specification
- Statutory Consents Including Planning and IPPC
- Contract Preparation
- Tender Appraisal
- Project Management and Client Representation
- Supervision of Construction and Commissioning
- Principle and main contractor services
- Operational Troubleshooting
- Due diligence and assessment services for investors and lenders
- On-going operational monitoring
- Asset management
If you would like us to have a look at your site please get in touch